Information and communication technologyICT
ICT (INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY)
For some years our center has decided to make a qualitative and quantitative leap in terms of new technologies. For this, each course is an effort to provide our classrooms with better means and to train our teachers, not only to use the ICT in the development of their classes, but to encourage the use of new technologies among our students and turn them into a basic tool of work in the present and in the future.
In the Colegio Virgen del Mar the ICT project is integrated with the other projects of the center: Emotional Education, Bilingual Project and Peer Learning, to understand them as an indivisible whole whose objective is the integral development of our students within an educational environment that looks for excellence.
Our ICT project includes the following objectives:
General objectives of the Center in relation to ICT:
To promote the use of computer science as a working tool in the teaching-learning process, using it actively by students.
• To encourage the use of computer media, facilitating access to this tool by students as a means of support and reinforcement in their learning.
• To encourage its use by teachers in their usual tasks of the Center: schedules, memories, plans, announcements regulations, activities, blogs, etc.
• To promote communication with other Schools and with other localities, in order to know and transmit social values and respect for other forms of life and customs.
• To facilitate the search for information and the critical treatment of it, as a way of getting to know the world of the Internet and its possibilities of access to useful information.
Objectives for students:
• Use programs and environments that facilitate their learning of the different content areas: Mathematics, Language, Knowledge of the medium, Languages and other subjects, and favor the acquisition of skills, skills, and knowledge of them.
• Enhance communication with other colleagues in your environment and outside of your immediate environment.
• Awaken interest in knowing different things and give them the guidelines to access accurate information. Enhance your reasoning and your desire for knowledge.
• Use the computer as a means of researching to expand knowledge and develop small projects at the individual and / or collective level.
• Use the computer as a means of creation, integration, cooperation, the promotion of social and spiritual values, and the expression of one’s ideas.
Objectives for teachers:
• Use ICT as a means of improving the teaching activity through its use, to take advantage of the information that can be learned from them, and to improve the pedagogical approach through its use.
• Use computers for daily work and classroom activities: schedules, activities, blogs, controls, cards, circulars, information to families, etc.
• Know how to consult information through the computer, both on professional topics: competitions, training courses, calls … as well as interesting topics for their teaching activity.
• Exchange experiences, knowledge, activities, and / or participate in debates and educational forums through the Internet.
• Encourage forums and exchange, but also the participation of teachers in the creation and evolution of web pages, blogs, tools, programs, and to make known our concerns, ideas and alternatives.